VAN LEEUWEN Cornelis (Kees)
Professor of viticulture
Senior lecturer in Viticulture
Professor of Viticulture
Professor of Viticulture and Enology
Professor of Enology
Benjamin BoisUniversity of Burgundy
- The concept of terroir in viticulture: definition and main factors involved
- Viticultural soils
- Viticultural climates
- Vine water status
- The role of nitrogen in terroir expression
- Choice of plant material
- Management practices to enhance terroir expression
- Scale issues
- The effect of soil and climate on terroir expression through different tasting sessions
- Soil pit studies
- Optimization of terroir expression via oenological practices
The terroir in viticulture is not a mystical concept; it can be explained within the framework of agronomic interactions between the vine and its environment. A training course designed for international professionals dealing with the concept of terroir and the way of managing the vineyard in order to optimize terroir expression.
WHO IS IT FOR ?
Students, wine estate managers, consultants in enology and vineyard management, international wine consultants, wine company directors, enology lab directors, researchers, etc.